1. Swimming pool validates my age when I think the water is freezing as children frolic in it like it’s the best thing ever.
2. S’mores the traditional way … or use pink marshmallows (and bites of banana) to squish between squares of chocolate and graham for a banana split-ish treat.
3. Parker Days meant hot temperatures while standing on the pavement (thinking again of how old I have gotten and where is my stamina?!) and riding rides that made me feel sick while the kids laughed in delight. Claire’s favorite: riding on a boat floating in the water that cruised her around in circles. Caeden’s favorite: the airplane ride. Mine: Ferris wheel.
4. A walk around the neighborhood looking for rocks for the alphabet game. No luck. However, my yard is full of rocks and maybe cheating while no one is looking is what is in order. Yes, yes it is.
5. Made the Lemonade Cake featured on the last post. HUGE hit with the kids. So good. You need to make it.
6. Loving the summer and how we can do so much or nothing at all and how all that matters is that we’re smiling, breathing again, and loving one another.
7. Huge lawn issues with brown grass. I am the white trash yard of the neighborhood. Embracing it today and laying down a slip n’ slide without fear of ruining the grass. How is THAT for looking at the glass half full?