1. Favorite ever skinny jean. Sizes are about sold out online, but if you have a store near you, go try a pair on. Trust me. American Eagle Skinny.
2. This session by Tara Whitney had me in tears this morning. Beautiful and sad and inspiring. Tara.
3. Do you know about this parental control app? Why Haven’t I Known About This? It’s a free app that lets you set controls for EVERYTHING on your child’s mobile device, from shutting down internet access at bedtime (no more sneaking), to limiting incoming and outgoing texts, to what you can search for on anything (youtube, google, etc.).
Cade is a good boy, and isn’t into anything too bad yet (asks me if he can keep reading a book with the word “ass” in it – he’s still very into rule following), but I know curiosity will get the best of him at some point, and I love this. It is all controllable from your phone (you can even track their web browsing history).
4. Am trying to pick out a paint color for the basement. It’s a dark mustard color (painted back before I lived here when dark, tuscan colors were popular) with oak trim. Would like to lighten the entire space up with white (always my first impulse) but wonder about something fun? A striped wall? Would consider grey if my woodwork was white, but it isn’t, and it would take FOREVER to paint, so … maybe I have just talked myself into white again.
5. Have a good salad recipe for you. It’s that time of year when I want to eat light, but it’s cold enough that I still want something substantial. This fits the bill:
This + That Salad
Roasted Butternut Squash (you can find it cubed already at Safeway)+ roast for 35 minutes at 350 degrees with olive oil, salt and pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Barley + just boil it to cook and keep it in the fridge for whenever you want to add heft to something
Shaved Parm (ready to go in containers at Safeway)
A cooked egg (I like over medium)
2 tbsp maple syrup + 6 tbsp olive oil + 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar + salt + pepper
Keep everything in separate containers in the fridge and mix it all together when you want lunch THEN add an over medium egg. Delish!