Can’t post a blog entry without a picture, and since I never seem to pick up my camera anymore unless it is for work, you are stuck with an iphone image of Baby Johnson.
1. I posted this on FB yesterday after much back and forth about whether private stuff belongs on FB, but there is no hiding my belly, and so I guess I thought the privacy thing was a mute point? It’s better than having people stare at my belly but be too afraid to ask if I am pg or wonder if I have just have completely given in (given up?) to a daily chocolate donut binge.
Anyway. Moving on!
2. GAP has their black friday sale going on right now. 40% off if you don’t have a GAP card (code for this is on the front page of their website), and 50% off if you do have a card (code: BFCARD).
3. This Christmas tree just makes me happy. I saw another idea where you take tall, over-sized glass bottles and place cut branches inside – then decorate. Easy to do with so many evergreens around here. Would be fun for the kids’ rooms.
4. Painted Claire’s room with the polka dot theme. Then painted over it again. I’m plain. But the part that makes me happiest is the white trim (was wood). I know a lot of people have strong opinions about that, but it brightens and lightens a room so much! The polka dots were a dumb idea. I used semi-opaque gold (glittery) paint, and it looked messy because the paint wasn’t consistent through out the dot. Use stickers if you decide to do this. Or opaque paint. Or paint stripes instead. Or don’t do anything at all – you’ve got enough to deal with since Thanksgiving is in practically 20 minutes and Christmas right behind it. Annoying how fast it happened this year!
5. I’m really happy. After all the years of sad, and then transition, and then alone, and then starting over … happiness has found me and my family and it doesn’t look like it’s going to let go. I really hope the same feeling is wrapped around you and yours. Life is too special for anything else.